انجمن برنامه نویسان PHP
junior hit a big 3 pointer out of a timeout - نسخه‌ی قابل چاپ

+- انجمن برنامه نویسان PHP (http://www.phorum.ir)
+-- انجمن: اخبار و اعلانات (/forum-3.html)
+--- انجمن: گفتگو با مسئولین سایت، درخواست و پیشنهاد (/forum-5.html)
+--- موضوع: junior hit a big 3 pointer out of a timeout (/thread-1083.html)

junior hit a big 3 pointer out of a timeout - elvafeng - ۲۱-۱۲-۱۳۹۶ ۱۱:۴۲ صبح

I’m really happy for him for a lot of reasons. One, it guarantees his jersey being hung for the rest of time,” Self said Sunday. “That’ll mean so much to him as it will Frank Mason, last year’s Big 12 and national player of the year because they love this place so much.”

Self said the clinic would help the Jayhawks, for a few hours at least, forget about Saturday’s 82 64 season ending loss to Oklahoma State in Stillwater, Okla.

“Yesterday was definitely a bad day for us. We didn’t play very well. They Cowboys controlled it from start to finish https://www.kentuckywildcatscenter.com/malik-monk-jersey-c-5.html,” Self said. “Having this today is perfect timing. We’ve done it before when we lost on a Saturday and did this on a Sunday.

“It’s one of those things when you lose nobody in the morning thinks, ‘OK we’ve got an event for 2 1/2 hours this afternoon, then got film and everything else.’ I think once they get out here our players get more out of it than the Olympians do. It’s a win/win deal for everybody. We certainly leave out of here feeling much better after doing this. It’s always one of the days we look forward to doing the most. You can tell today our players do a good job of this.”

Self, who Sunday was chosen co Big 12 coach of the year with Texas Tech’s Chris Beard, was asked what the Jayhawks need to improve on heading into the postseason. KU 24 7, 13 5 , which won the league by two games over Texas Tech 23 8, 11 7 and West Virginia 22 9, 11 7 , will meet the winner of Wednesday’s 6 p.m. Oklahoma Oklahoma State game in a Big 12 Tournament quarterfinal around 2 p.m. Thursday at the Sprint Center. Oklahoma is 18 12, 8 10; Oklahoma State is 18 13, 8 10.

“It could be a lot of things,” Self said. “We don’t handle pressure well at all. I wish we could get our perimeter players looking to make plays like they were earlier in the season. The way it looked yesterday if Devonté didn’t make it, it didn’t get made. Marcus Garrett was our second best guard . We’ve got to have everybody more aggressive and more in attack mode than yesterday.”

He said the fact four teams tied for sixth place Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Baylor and Texas said something about the league’s balance.

“You could make a strong case everybody is going to get in the NCAA Tournament . The reality of it is everybody else is not,” Self said. “Those four sixth place teams will try to separate themselves from the other teams. I can’t imagine us getting less than seven or eight in the NCAA , nine may be a reach. It could happen, though, if everybody plays well.

“In my opinion OU is in. I think Oklahoma State should be in. They may feel they need to win another game to solidify it. Certainly the team we played in Stillwater and the team we played here in Oklahoma State in KU’s 84 79 loss on Feb. 3 at Allen , they controlled both games start to finish. I can’t imagine them not getting their ticket punched.”

KU’s annual Special Olympics clinic was started in 1984 by former coach Larry Brown. It was then renamed for KU legend Chamberlain, who left money from his estate to sustain the program.

Teams from Kansas that participated in Sunday’s event Douglas County Jayhawks, Topeka Junior Blues, Leavenworth County Jayhawks, Olathe Trailblazers, JCPRD Rangers Overland Park , Blue Valley Blue Streaks, Midwest Wildfires Ottawa https://www.kentuckywildcatscenter.com/jonny-david-jersey-c-6.html, Topeka/Shawnee, Haysville Hornets and New Hope Bulldogs Pittsburg .
Schofield led Tennessee 25 8 with 22 points, keying a comeback after a huge early deficit. He had a stellar first half with 17 points and eight rebounds, making multiple big shots when the Vols were reeling.

Tennessee trailed by 17 with 4 31 left in the first half https://www.kentuckywildcatscenter.com/hamidou-diallo-jersey-c-4.html, getting totally run off the court at Scottrade Center with a 5 for 26 start from the field. But Barnes told his players that he believed they would get back in the game despite the lack of early execution.

“I told them I thought we d win the game when they were up,” Barnes said. “I said, ‘Hey, you guys have too good of habits. You ve worked too hard, and I know we re going to fight to get back in it.’ I m proud of our team for doing that. We got back in, took the lead and just couldn t sustain it.

More Five mid major Cinderellas that could bust your bracket

Schofield made good on Barnes’ words, taking over the game.

The junior hit a big 3 pointer out of a timeout. Then another as he was fouled, as the normally emotional forward barely reacted. He hit another, this time tossing his hands in the air.

“Coach was in there challenging us to really step up and be men,” Schofield said. “I realized I wasn’t being a good leader. I was being really passive out there. I just wanted to step up and give us some type of energy in some type of way.”
Schofield scored 13 points in the final 3 17 of the first half. He again made a big 3 pointer early in the second half to extend the run to 25 5 and give Tennessee a 41 38 lead.

“We felt like once we came back and cut it to five even at the end of the first half that the game was ours and we were going to come back and win,” guard Lamonte Turner said. “We just didn’t get enough stops at the end.”

The Wildcats responded with a 14 2 run to reclaim a 52 43 lead. Tennessee smacked back with a 14 3 run punctuated by a Jordan Bone 3 pointer to cut the lead to one and a deep Turner 3 pointer for a 57 55 lead with 8 07 remaining.

UT fell behind again before Jordan Bowden put the Vols ahead 62 61 with a curling jumper. But Tennessee missed a box out after Kevin Knox missed a free throw. UK’s Wenyen Gabriel’s snagged it, and his layup rolled around and through.

“That was a really big play in the game that we gave up,” Barnes said. “Hopefully, our guys will learn this time of the year a free throw blockout, one or two ill advised plays offensively can cost you, and it did today.”

A possession later, Sacha Killeya Jones slammed home a missed 3 pointer to put UK up 66 62 with a pair of second chance buckets.
“Rebounding can kill you,” Williams said. “This time of the year Mychal Mulder Jersey, it’s all about winning the rebounding battle. You look at those plays, they were energy boosters. … Those things can’t happen.”

Bone made a 3 pointer from the corner, banking it in high off the corner of the glass to cut Kentucky’s lead to 68 67. But that was as close as the Vols would get in the final minutes, as they fell and now turn their sights toward the NCAA tournament.

“Just knowing that this isn’t the end for us is a great feeling,” Turner said. “But it would feel really good to be a champion right now.”

In the face
Schofield left the bench for a stretch in the second half after a diving tussle for a loose ball left him woozy.

He said he ran into “somebody’s butt” as he dived for the ball and his head snapped back. His nose still was hurting after the game, as he had an ice pack on his face.

“I was trying my best to come back, but protocol meant I had to sit out for a while until I came back to myself,” Schofield said. “I didn’t have any energy. It hurt my team in that aspect.”

He went to the bench with 9 26 to play in the second half, then returned with 4 20 after going to the locker room.

“It was tough because I wanted to be out there,” he said. “But health wise, your body is more important than any sport.”